Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 59, Continued..

I left off my story on the day I shaved my head.. Most of my blog might seem like rambling to many, if not all of you, but like I said, I want to remember every detail of this experience. :) Alright, so after I shaved my head, I got a surprise visit from the wonderful Kim Medina!! I wish I could tag her in this; She is such a beautiful woman! So I was talking to my favorite sister-in-law in the world, and she says her mom is almost to my house. I was so excited and just wanted to cry. She took me wig shopping, and after trying on some funky wigs, we found Natalie! It was really hard taking off my scarf and allowing someone to see me without my hair for the first time, but God gave me the strength to get through it.. Yet another event that shows proof that I can't get through a single second of life without God. :) Over the next week, I had a bunch of random, yet incredible, friends stop by! I had fluids again on Monday, and the next day it was Britt and Angela day. We tried to go walking, but the heat killed me, and I just about passed out. I used to be a runner, so no doubt It takes everything in me to not lose it when I can't even walk certain distances.. But my husband and I were talking about how once I'm ALL better, which I will be soon, I can run with all the energy I haven't had in years! I'm going to join an indoor team, and It's just going to be so stinking fun. We always wondered why I had problems on the soccer and track team the past couple of years, and now we know why. My doctor said my cancer could've easily developed while I was in Mexico years ago, and then lingered before growing to the extent it has recently. It truly explains why the doctor could never find anything wrong with me, and yet I had these intense problems when I did anything athletic.. I always felt drained, especially the past year, and I'm very grateful to now know why. A couple of days later I had an appointment in Orlando with Dr. Reynolds. It wasn't the best appointment I'd ever been to, but It could've been worse, haha. My nurse went to check my blood cells, and they couldn't access my port. I sat there for 30 minutes, sitting up and down, moving around, having my port flushed with saline(which by the way tastes like foil), and also having the needle in my port being pushed on and messed with. I don't do too well with people playing with needles that are already in me. Before all of this, the sight of needles made me pass out, but now It's easy peasy Lemon squeezy. Yeah, just said that. So anyways, they eventually accessed my port, and the problem was just that I had a blog clot at the end of it and It was blocking the way to pull blood. Gross, right? ;) The next day I hung out with the wonderful Allie Donut Loe at cranes roost and johnny rockets. Our waiter was crazy awkward, and we just had a weird experience. It rocked my world when they brought out our food in this order, 5 minutes apart each: Chocolate fudge milkshake, french fries, Cheeseburger. It definitely surprised me, and I for sure enjoyed it. Only a couple short days later, My in laws were finally here! Kristin, Greg, Micah, and Jonah live TOO far away for my comfort, and came down to host my fundraiser. :)  Sunday was my fundraiser at Gators in Ocoee, and it was so much fun! We raised FAR more than I'd expected, and It was overwhelming to see all of the people who didn't even know me, donating and just showing their support! I truly do have some incredible people in my life, wow. Breeann was wonderful and is the reason we were able to even host the fundraiser at gators. Yup, she's awesome. Kristin, Ms.Kim, and everyone else who helped set up, tare down, and also to those who came to help us out, thank you SO much for all you've done for jake and I. We are so thankful to have such sweet and kind people in our lives! On monday Jake and I rented, "Country Strong," and It is now my favorite movie. I know my movies, I'm for sure a dedicated movie watcher, and In my opinion, that was a good film. Only problem is now I'm dying to move up North, get property, a barn & horses, live in a log cabin, and live the country life style. I want me some chickens! Hehe. That dream is in our 10 year plan.. So we will see. ;) A few days later I had Chemo, and I wasn't feeling too good. My sessions seem to be weakening me more each time, but that means It's working. ;) They gave me Benadryl, so that knocked me out, and I woke up feeling exhausted and nauseous. Thankfully I had my honey with me, so he helped me out to the car and then up our 3 flights of stairs. Sadly I didn't write down the next two weeks, so I'm now going purely off of memory.. Not good, haha. The weekend was filled with the usual nausea, but not too bad. :) I was having a lot of trouble sleeping because of pain and the nausea, so I took some pain pills that also helped me sleep. Oh sleep, how I missed you. That weekend the Medinas, Greg & Kristin, Angela Ingrao, and my mom moved Jake and I to our new apartment! It was RIGHT across the street, FIRST floor, and just so homey feeling! Jake had to work until 5, so he completely missed the move(I think he did it on purpose, haha), but they did such a great job and thank you can't cover all they did for us! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! I slept 10 hours straight that night, and for the first time felt like we had a home. I think God spoils us just a little bit. ;) Sunday was Easter, and we were able to spend some time with the Medina's! It was so nice to see everyone; I love them all very much! I felt sick, so sadly we had to go home sooner than planned, but I'm thankful for the couple of hours spent with them!After begging to see them one more time when leaving on Easter, Greg, Kristin, and the boys came by the next morning to say goodbye. I already miss them.. I almost kidnapped Kristin. I could find other people to kidnap greg and the boys. I have sneaky ways. ;) That whole next week was mainly filled with Jake working like crazy because he's the best husband in the world, and me sitting at home with visitors here and there because I'm the most exhausted wife in the world. :b Not too much happened that week except appointments, which went very well. Jake and I had a date on either Tuesday or wednesday(can't remember), and that was the highlight of my month. We went to chili's, walked around cranes roost, sat down and played words with friends together, and then went to a late night movie! Ah, such a great night!! The rest of the week and weekend I was basically sitting at home sleeping. On Saturday my mom, Jess, and grandma came over and organized the apartment for me! Can you say heck yeah?! :) It's such a relief to have things put away. No more boxes! :D Oh, fun fact about Saturday. I had marinated a steak that a close family friend gave Jake & I, and then cooked it on the skillet for lunch on saturday. In addition to the marinade, I added olive oil, lemon & pepper seasonings, and soy sauce. It was delish and my first time making steak! I was pleasantly surprised at how yummy it was, and my husband was shocked, haha. I'm full of surprises! On monday Jake & I went to the outlets and got my dress for a gala we're attending in honor of a cancer society this month. I've never been so excited to get all dolled up in my life! Oh, except my wedding, of course. Jake was off yesterday, and is also off today! We are partying it up over here! Going to play soccer together later, though I'll probably have to just watch because I feel sick easily, and then hitting up the neighborhood pool! Such a good day ahead of us. :) Love my God, Adore my Husband, and Enjoying this beautiful day! Please be praying for my husband, since he is working much more than when we first got married, and has not complained once about working all of the time! Other than God, he is my biggest hero. :) Please pray for an over flow of energy in him, and that God keeps him going through all of this! I'll be blogging soon, no doubt. I have a PET scan this friday, which will give the doctors a better idea of where I'm at. Please pray that it all goes well! One of my biggest prayer requests is that you please pray that I will reach more people through all of this than I'd ever dreamed, and that they will see Gods beauty and light, rather than my sickness and cancer. I'm praying for a miracle, and no matter what the outcome, It will be Gods plans, which will be perfect.

With Love,
      Brittany Mae :)


  1. Praying for you and your husband every day. God is working a miracle through you, never the way that we would want it, but a miracle nonetheless. Praying for healing, strength, joy, and endurance to run the race. Big (gentle) hugs for you Britt. <3

  2. You amaze me! What a positive attitude you have through this! Praying for you daily!

  3. Learning so much through all that YOU are learning! Thank you for writing this.

    Much love to you both!

    PS A helpful tip! I know you're just letting the words flow and it's beautiful . . . don't change that. Just hit "enter" a couple of times, once in a while, to give it some paragraphs. It will make it easier for my over 40 eyes to read. ;-)